Summary Report is the way to produce summaries of time spent on various activities, based on time log entries and covering a selected date range.
The summaries are as follows:
- User Summary: time utilized by each user, with per project breakdown of time utilization;
- Category Summary: time utilized for each category of projects, with time utilization per project;
- Project Summary: time utilized per each project that falls within a selected date range; and
- Customer Summary: a total of time utilized per customer, with per project breakdown of time utilization.
To run a time logs summary report:
- Select Time Logs Summary under the Reports menu.
- Select a preset time period , e.g. this week, or a date range (From... To...)
- Click "Run".
A sample report is presented in the picture:
Printing out a report
- Run a report.
- Click the print button at the right-hand end of the menu bar.
- Follow the instructions on the Print screen.
Exporting a Report to Selected Format
As soon as a report is generated, you can export to Excel or PDF, or some other available format.
To export a report:
- Open the drop-down list which reads 'Export to the selected format' on the panel above the generated report.
- Select the format you want to save the report in.
- Click the 'Export' button next to the list that becomes active.
- The report will be downloaded into your default downloads folder.