Billing Report is designed to help create invoices to bill your customers with, or review internal costs of a project.
To run a billing report:
- Go to Reports on the header menu.
- Select a customer (optional) and project.
- Select a date range in the 'Range' field.
- Select an option from the 'Billed' drop-down list (available options: All, Billed, Not Billed).
- Select an option from the 'Approved time entries' drop-down list (available options: All, Approved, Not Approved).
- Specify a tax rate for the 'Tax' check-box after selecting it, if appropriate.
- Select the 'Group by activities', if appropriate.
- Click 'Apply' to run the report.
- Optional: Click the 'Mark entries as Billed' button. As a result, the time logs appearing on the report will be marked as 'billed' in Time Logs.
Here’s how a billing report looks like:
Exporting a Report to Selected Format
As soon as a report is generated, you can export to Excel or PDF, or some other available format.
To export a report:
- Open the drop-down list which reads 'Export to the selected format' on the panel above the generated report.
- Select the format you want to save the report in.
- Click the 'Export' button next to the list that becomes active.
- The report will be downloaded into your default downloads folder.