To access financial information, you must have the 'Access billing information' permission in your role.
FLAT FEE activities without a START DATE are not included in the report. As are Time Entries marked Not billable
Billing Report is designed to help create invoices to bill your customers with, or review internal costs of a project.
To run a billing report:
- Click through Reports > Billing Report (under Common at the bottom).
- Select a date range from the range drop-down ('This month' is the default value).
- Select a customer (optional) and project.
- Select an option from the billing status drop-down list (available options: All, Billed, Not Billed (default)).
- Select an option from the time entry approval status drop-down list (available options: All, Approved, Not Approved).
- Specify a tax rate in the 'Tax' field, if appropriate.
- Select the 'Group by activities' check-box, if appropriate.
- Click 'Run' to run the report.
- Optional: Click the 'Mark entries as Billed' button. As a result, the time logs appearing on the report will be marked as 'billed' in Time Logs.
Here’s how a billing report looks like:
Exporting/printing out a Report to Selected Format
As soon as a report is generated, you can export to Excel or PDF, or some other available format.
To export a report:
- Click the additional options button on the right end of the toolbar ().
- Click the format you want to save the report in available on the list.
- The report will be downloaded into your default downloads folder in the chosen format.
To print out the report:
- Click the print button ().
- As your browser's printing dialog box opens, proceed to print out the report according to standard procedure.