Billing Report is designed to help create invoices to bill your customers with, or review internal costs of a project.
To run a billing report:
- Click through Reports > Billing Report (under Common at the bottom).
- Select a date range from the range drop-down ('This month' is the default value).
- Select a customer (optional) and project.
- Select an option from the billing status drop-down list (available options: All, Billed, Not Billed (default)).
- Select an option from the time entry approval status drop-down list (available options: All, Approved, Not Approved).
- Specify a tax rate in the 'Tax' field, if appropriate.
- Select the 'Group by activities' check-box, if appropriate.
- Click 'Run' to run the report.
- Optional: Click the 'Mark entries as Billed' button. As a result, the time logs appearing on the report will be marked as 'billed' in Time Logs.
Here’s how a billing report looks like:
Exporting/printing out a Report to Selected Format
As soon as a report is generated, you can export to Excel or PDF, or some other available format.
To export a report:
- Click the additional options button on the right end of the toolbar ().
- Click the format you want to save the report in available on the list.
- The report will be downloaded into your default downloads folder in the chosen format.
To print out the report:
- Click the print button ().
- As your browser's printing dialog box opens, proceed to print out the report according to standard procedure.