A payroll report allows you to handle and present information pertaining to the payroll list and time utilization.
Your accounting team will now be able to accurately track and monitor employee hours to make sure everyone is paid correctly.
With payroll reports, you can calculate:
- Regular Hours
- Overtime Hours
- Absence (paid/unpaid) Hours - for vacations and holidays **
This will help with accuracy in understanding where company resources are going and where improvements can be made. More so, payroll reports will help you figure out how much you need to pay your team members and ensure that there are no discrepancies. You’ll also be able to easily export the payroll report to CSV format to upload the data to whatever accounting software your accounting team uses. You’ll be able to view individual team member hours in a beautiful, flat interface.
Here's how a sample report looks like:
Generating payroll report
To generate a payroll report:
- Click Reports and select Payroll Report.
- Select the user whose data you would like to pull. If needed, use a filter to sort out the list of users.
- Select a date range from four preset options or specify a from-to range manually.
- Click 'Apply'.
- To export the report, click Export to XLS.
Exporting payroll report
To export a payroll report:
- Generate a report.
- Click Export to XLS.
- The report will be downloaded to your default downloads folder.
** Note: When a user has any amount of time logged hours, on the days immediately preceding and proceeding a Public Holiday listed in the Company Schedule area, then the payroll report will show that public holiday listed as an Absence (paid).
If the user does not have time logged as such but is eligible to be paid for that public holiday, then he/she or their pm should add the day to his/her vacation calendar as a paid holiday.