You can convert any record to a project, task, issue or request depending on permissions in your project role or global role.
To convert a record to a project/task/issue/request:
- Click Custom Forms on the header menu.
- Locate the form you want to convert records from.
- Mouse over the record you want to convert.
- Click the 'Convert to' button to view the list of 4 available conversion options.
- Select an option, e.g. 'Convert to task'.
- The record will expand to display a mapping editor, where you can map each field of the record to available task fields.
- When done, click 'Convert to task'.
- Repeat 5 through 7 for any other conversion option (Convert to project, Convert to issue, or Convert to request).
The default field mapping in Step 6 will correspond to that of the respective conversion rule. However, you can override the default mapping by selecting your own mapping.
Re custom fields: currently supported types are text, number, date, list, text area and text area (rich formatting).
When mapping fields, dropdown fields should be mapped to List type ones.