You can convert any record to a project, task, issue or request depending on permissions in your project role or global role.
To convert a record to a project/task/issue/request:
- Click Custom Forms on the side navigation menu.
- Locate the form you want to edit records of and then click on the record count indicator, in the upper right corner, to go to the records page for that form.
- Mouse over the record you want to convert.
- Click the 'Convert to' button to view the list of 4 available conversion options.
- Select an option, e.g. 'Convert to task'.
- The record will expand to display a mapping editor, where you can map each field of the record to available task fields.
- When done, click 'Convert to task'.
- Repeat 5 through 7 for any other conversion option (Convert to project, Convert to issue, or Convert to request).
The default field mapping in Step 6 will correspond to that of the respective conversion rule. However, you can override the default mapping by selecting your own mapping.
Re custom fields: currently supported types are text, number, date, list, text area and text area (rich formatting).
When mapping fields, dropdown fields should be mapped to List type ones.