As you create a form you need fields and labels to complete its layout. For example, you definitely need a heading for your form, perhaps some radio buttons if you are creating a survey, maybe some check boxes, explanatory messages, etc. Each block can be added as many times as you need.
Custom forms in Birdview are made of the following ten building blocks:
|1.||Heading||Allows placing several lines of large size bold text|
|2.||Separator||Inserts a horizontal line to divide sections in the form|
|3.||Example paragraph||Inserts a block of normal typeface text|
|4.||Input||A single line text box. This can be used as an email field when sending confirmation on adding a record. See Notifications to anonymous users.|
|5.||Text area||A multiple line text box|
|6.||File attachment||Inserts a control to upload files|
|7.||Date||Inserts a date picker|
|8.||List of options||Inserts a group of checkboxes|
|9.||Drop-down||Inserts a drop-down list|
|10.||Radio button list||Inserts a group of radio buttons|
To edit labels:
- Click the building block you want to edit.
- Type in a new label.
- Click 'Apply'.
Adding/modifying checkboxes/radio buttons
To add/modify checkboxes/radio buttons:
- Click the checkbox or radio button building block you want to edit.
- To edit the names of the checkboxes/radio buttons, type in new names.
- To add a new checkbox/radio button, type a new line in the list.
- To make the field required, select 'Field is required'.
- Click 'Apply', when you are done.