As you create a form you need fields and labels to complete its layout. For example, you definitely need a heading for your form, perhaps some radio buttons if you are creating a survey, maybe some check boxes, explanatory messages, etc. Each block can be added as many times as you need.
Custom forms in Birdview are made of the following ten building blocks:
|Default element name
|Allows placing several lines of large size bold text
|Inserts a horizontal line to divide sections in the form
|Inserts a block of normal typeface text
|A single line text box. This can be used as an email field when sending confirmation on adding a record. See Notifications to anonymous users.
|A multiple line text box
|Inserts a control to upload files
|Inserts a date picker
|List of options
|Inserts a group of checkboxes
|Inserts a drop-down list
|Radio button list
|Inserts a group of radio buttons
To edit labels:
- Click the building block you want to edit.
- Type in a new label.
- Click 'Apply'.
Adding/modifying checkboxes/radio buttons
To add/modify checkboxes/radio buttons:
- Click the checkbox or radio button building block you want to edit.
- To edit the names of the checkboxes/radio buttons, type in new names.
- To add a new checkbox/radio button, type a new line in the list.
- To make the field required, select 'Field is required'.
- Click 'Apply', when you are done.