Easy Projects allows you as administrator to set certain rules regarding how passwords are used and the conditions when users can be locked out of their account. Security policy is a tab on the Administration settings page. It consists of password policy settings and security policy settings, as described below.
Password policy settings
The password policy settings are summarized in the table:
|Enable password strength policy(*)||
||(*)Checkbox, to enable/disable password policy.
|Don't allow users to set a password from a banned password list||File selection tool||If enabled, you are supposed to upload a text file containing a list of banned passwords.
Use it to upload a text file with a list of banned passwords.
|Enable password expiration after X days||Number of days||Enable/disable password expiration.
Sets the number of days until the password expires after it has been created.
Security policy settings
The security policy settings are summarized in the table:
|Lock out users who have not logged in for X days||Number of days||Use the option to lock out user after an inactivity period of X days.|
|Lock out user after # invalid password attempts(*)||
||(*)Sets the number of attempts to enter the wrong password the user can make before he is locked out.
In case you have forgotten your password, you can have Easy Projects to generate a new one for you so that you can sign in to your account. Use the steps described below.
Take the steps below to recover your password:
- On the Easy Project Login page, click the 'Forgot your password?' link.
- Type in the email address to which you want the password recovery instructions to be sent at.
- Wait for the instructions to arrive.
- Open the message with 'Easy Projects. Recover Password.' in the subject line and follow the instructions in the body of the letter.
- As a result, you will be sent a newly generated password which you can use to sign in.