As an Administrator, in Birdview you can set certain rules regarding how passwords are used and the conditions when users can be locked out of their account. In order to navigate to the security policy screen, follow these steps:
- Click your avatar in the bottom left corner and go to Company settings.
- Account settings > Security policy tab.
|Enable password strength policy1||
|Don't allow users to set a password from a banned password list||File selection tool||If enabled, you are supposed to upload a text file containing a list of banned passwords.
Use it to upload a text file with a list of banned passwords.
|Enable password expiration after X days||Number of days||Enable/disable password expiration.
Sets the number of days until the password expires after it has been created.
1 Checkbox to enable/disable password policy.
|Lock out users who have not logged in for X days||Number of days||Use the option to lock out a user after an inactivity period of X days.|
|Lock out user after # invalid password attempts2||
2 Set the number of attempts to enter a wrong password the user can make before they are locked out.
In case you forget your password, Birdview can generate a new one for you so that you can sign into your account. Take the steps below to recover your password:
- On the Birdview login page, click Forgot your password.
- Enter the email address where you'd like to receive the instructions for password recovery.
- Open the message with "Birdview. Recover Password" in the subject line and follow the instructions in the body of the letter.
- As a result, you get a newly generated password which you can use to sign in.