Easy Projects allows you as administrator to set certain rules, a policy, regarding how passwords are used.
Password policy is a tab on Administration settings screen.
The password policy settings are summarized in the table:
|Enable password strength policy||Minimum number of characters
Minimum number of numeric characters
Minimum number of special characters
|Checkbox, to enable/disable password policy.
Sets the lowest number of characters that can be used to create a password.
Sets the minimum number of numeric characters to be used while creating a password.
Sets the minimum number of special characters (&,^,%, etc.) to be used while creating a password.
|Don't allow users to set a password from a banned password list||File selection tool||If enabled, you are supposed to upload a text file containing a list of banned passwords
Use it to upload a text file with a list of banned passwords.
|Enable password expiration||Number of days||Enable/disable password expiration.
Sets the number of days until the password expires after it has been created.
|Lock out user after # invalid password attempts||Unlock user on successful password recovery
Unlock user automatically in # minutes
|Sets the number of attempts to enter the wrong password the user can make before he is locked out.
Enables the option of unlocking the user after he has followed password recovery procedure.
Enables the option of unlocking the user in a certain number of minutes.
In case you have forgotten your password, you can have Easy Projects to generate a new one for you so that you can sign in to your account. Use the steps described below.
Take the steps below to recover your password:
- On the Easy Project Login page, click the 'Forgot your password?' link.
- Type in the email address to which you want the password recovery instructions to be sent at.
- Wait for the instructions to arrive.
- Open the message with 'Easy Projects. Recover Password.' in the subject line and follow the instructions in the body of the letter.
- As a result, you will be sent a newly generated password which you can use to sign in.