The common notification rule is a global email notification rule which you can create and choose to serve as a default one for all newly created projects.
Enabling/Disabling Common Notification Rule
To edit/disable the common notification rule (enabled by default):
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Click through User menu | Settings | Notifications on the header menu.
- To disable: Clear the 'Available in all projects' checkbox, or
- To edit: Make changes as required. Regarding the Notify creator option, see below.
Use the same process to enable the default notification rule.
You can choose the main recipients of email notifications in this section. You are also given additional options. The choices are:
- All project members
- Assignees only
- None of above
The additional options are:
- Notify person who made changes
- Notify object creator.
Notify person who made changes
Choose this option if you want the user who made changes to an object (task, issue or request) to be notified about the changes.
Notify object creator
This option is designed to allow the person who is the creator of a task, issue or request (not project, message or attachment) to be notified when other users make changes to the objects the person has created.
Please note that messages and attachments added (created) by a user are not covered by this option. In other words, if you are the creator of a message or attachment, and this option is enabled, you will not be notified of the event of creating those.
Use this option to compile a list of extra recipients in addition to the main recipients selected above.
Use this section to choose the events the onset of which will trigger notification resulting in an email message being sent to the recipients.