To create a new role, follow these steps:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu select Roles. This will open the Roles screen.
- Click the "Create a new role" button above the list of available roles.
- The Role details screen will open in a new window. Type a name for the new role, a description and default hourly rate. Now, you can either set all permissions for the role you are creating manually or opt for copying permissions from the existing roles.
- To copy permissions from an existing role, select the role on the list and click "Copy".
- As the copying has taken effect, an updated screen will open up with all copied permissions marked as enabled. You may now disable some and/or add new ones. As you are done with it, click "Save and close" to save the role and close the window; or "Save" to save the role and remain in the editing mode; or "Cancel" to cancel any changes you may have done after clicking "Save" last, and close the window. To copy permissions from an existing role, select the role on the list and click "Copy".