To create a new customer, follow this procedure:
- Log in to the system as a user who has permission to manage customers. For details on users’ roles and permissions see Roles and Permissions. If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Click Company Settings on the User Menu.
- Select Customers.
- In the Customers screen, click the "Add customer" button (). The Customer Details section will open along the right edge of the screen. Fill in all the fields required.
- Fill out custom fields, if any. For more details, see Customer custom fields.
- To create another customer, go to Step 3 above.
All changes are saved automatically.
The Enabled status is selected by default. Selecting Disabled will render the customer in question disabled. A disabled customer will not be shown on customer lists. Disabling a customer, like when you have completed all projects for that particular company, has the benefit of still having it on your customer database, so that you can always re-assign them the enabled status if need be.
Billing hourly rate
The billing hourly rate of a customer is used with the 'Customer hourly rate' in project billing settings.
For more about project billing settings, see Project details.