To create a custom field, follow this procedure:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Under User menu | Settings, select Custom Fields.
- Indicate for what - Project, All Activity Types (Task, Issue, Request), Task, Issue, Request, Customer, User, Portfolio, or Expense - the custom field is created, by selecting the appropriate item in the Custom field for box.
- Type a name for the custom field, select its type (Text, Number, Date, Yes/No, List, Hyperlink, Text Area, or Text Area (Rich Text Format)).
- Select It is mandatory to make the field be required when creating a project or activity it belongs to.
- Select Limit by portfolio to make the field available only within a given portfolio(s):
- Select Also show it for projects not included in portfolios to include the field in projects without a portfolio.
- Select a portfolio to include the field in, and click ‘Include’.
- Select as many portfolio as can be required.
- Click ‘Add’ to add the field.
You can restrict custom fields by portfolio.
Custom fields can be shown and hidden using the Customize feature.
Activity type (task, issue or request) specific custom fields will be shown on the Activities page only if the respective type (task, issue or request) is selected in the Type filter.
Editing a custom field
- Click the custom field you want edited.
- Change the name of the field, add/change description, change available options.
The Field for and Field type values cannot be edited.
Deleting a custom field
- Click the dustbin button next to the field you want deleted.
- Confirm the deletion.
Deleted custom fields cannot be restored.
Reordering custom fields
To reorder the list of custom fields:
- Using the 'handle' on the left edge of the row of a custom field, drag it up or down the list.
- Release the mouse button when the row is at the desired location.