You can assign skills to each user. This is useful for resource loading simulation as it allows you to pick a team based on team members' skills, as opposite to their roles. Skills can also be used as a filter when sorting out a list of users.
To assign a skill to a single user:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu | Company Settings, select Users. This will open the Users screen.
- Click the user's name. This will open the user details section.
- Click the Skills field.
- A drop-down will show up listing available skills. You can search for a required skill by typing any character or characters it contains (e.g. 'top' to return 'desktop publishing' as a search result)
- Select the skill from the full drop-down list or the search results.
You can assign the same set of skills to a group of users. This is done via the batch operation panel. The panel becomes visible as soon as you select at least one check box on the user list.
Assigning skills in bulk
To assign a set of skills to a group of users:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings ’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu | Settings, select Users. This will open the Users screen.
- Select the check boxes of the users you want to assign the set of skills to.
- Click Skills on the batch panel.
- Select the skills you want assigned using check boxes.
- When you're done with selection, click 'Add'.
Excluding skills in bulk
To exclude a set of skills from a group of users, repeat the steps above, except for step 6 where 'Exclude' is to be clicked, not 'Add'.
Replenishing the skill list
See Adding skills to learn how to add a skill to the skill list.