As you get projects completed or make adjustments to project teams, you may need to delete a user. Another way to make a user inactive in the system, with few exceptions, is by assigning the user the disabled status. For details as to how to do it, click here.
- The user is a member of at least one project or portfolio.
- The user has got his or her time entries in the time log.
- The user has created at least one project, activity or event.
- The user is assigned to at least one event.
- There is at least one data record with the user in the Name column in the audit trail log of a project or activity.
Deleting a user
To delete a user, follow these steps:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings ’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu | Settings, select Users. This will open the Users screen.
- There are two ways to delete a user:
- Click anywhere in the row the user belongs to, except for on her name. A two item menu will pop up. Select Delete this user. Click "OK" to confirm the deletion.
- Click on the user’s display name. This will open the User details screen in a new window. Click the "Delete" button in the upper right corner. Click "OK" to confirm the deletion.