There may be reasons for you to inactivate some users of the system without actually deleting them, i.e. removing from the system irrevocably.
IMPORTANT: Inactive users cannot be recipients of EP email notifications, or have time entries added for them by someone else.
As soon as user is rendered inactive it will be marked on the lists of users with the symbol (a circle with a bar through it) and their ‘Status’ will read Inactive.
To inactivate a user, please follow these steps:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings ’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu | Settings, select Users. This will open the Users screen.
- From the list of available users in the bottom pane, select the user you wish to inactivate. This will open the User Details section on the right side of the screen.
- Change status to Inactive at the top of the section.
- Changes are saved automatically.