There are two basic categories of users in Easy Projects, namely:
Guest users can interact with the system only via Guest Portal, and are created on the Guest Users tab on the Users screen. Regular users are created on the Regular Users tab.
As users are usually created to be part of a project team (unless you are creating a global user to help you manage the system as a whole), defining a place and role within a project would normally go before creating a project-related user. Suppose you now have a solid idea of what purposes you are going to create a user for within a project.
To create a new user, follow the steps below. For creating guest users, refer to Guest users.
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From User menu, select Users. You will be taken to the Users screen.
- Click the large green '+' button. This will open an Invite User pop-up window. Fill in all the required fields. See User details section for details.
- Click 'Invite'. This will send an invitation letter with a link to login to the user, and create a record of the user on the Users screen. Now you can finalize creating the user.
- Note about the 'Customer' field: If no customer is associated with the user, select 'None'.
- Fill in the custom fields, if any. For more details, see User details section and Custom fields.
- Set the user's personal schedule. By default, Monday to Friday workdays are used with 8 hours per day standard daily work load.
For importing users, refer to Importing users.
Inviting Users to a Project or an Activity in Activity Center
See Inviting users.
Creating a user beyond the limit in your license - 5-day temporary license
When you try to create a user beyond the limit permitted by your license, a temporary license with a 5 day grace period will be automatically generated for the user.
All you need to do is to purchase an additional license for the extra user within the grace period.
Easy Projects will return the following dialog box:
To continue, fill out the user creation form and click 'Save and close' to add it. If required, use 'Show all user details'.
After you close the dialog box, an Easy Projects Customer Portal page will open in a new tab where you can complete the purchase of an additional license:
You can either complete the purchase now, or postpone it till later but within the grace period.