If you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser, you can enjoy the convenience of push notifications. For push notifications on Easy Projects Android or iOS apps, refer to Easy Projects Mobile.
Push notification is feature that uses your browser (currently, only Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) to pop up a message as unobtrusively as possible in a corner of your screen allowing you to take action or simply informing you about an event. This is widely used on mobile devices, letting you know when an email message arrives, an update is ready to be installed, etc.
When you are using your Easy Projects account for the first time, you will see a box with the message 'Easy Projects needs your permission to enable desktop notifications' at the bottom of the page. You can enable pus notifications by clicking the link. However, if you close the box inadvertently, you can still enable them in My Options, as explained below.
Push notifications are triggered by the following events:
- You have been assigned on an activity;
- A new message have been posted for an activity that you're able to view (even if you are not an assignee);
- You have been requested approval.
Enabling Push Notifications
To enable push notifications:
- Log in to Easy Projects. If you are logged in already, skip this step.
- Click My Options on the User Menu. This will open the My Options page.
- On the Notifications tab, under Push notifications, click 'Enable push notifications'.
- Click 'Allow' on the browser's security dialog box.
As a result, the above button will disappear. From now on push notifications policy is delegated to the browser entirely, so if you want to block or allow again push notifications, use the browser's settings. Refer to your browser's (Chrome or Firefox) user's manual for details.
Disabling Push Notifications
To disable push notifications:
- Go to your Easy Projects site.
- To the left of the address bar, click on the lock icon.
- Click Site Settings - Notifications.
- Choose Block.