You can have an unlimited number of guest users free of charge.
Guest user' role is preset and cannot be edited or changed to any other. If you need a user with other permissions than those available to guest users, consider converting the user to regular one.
As neither estimated hours, nor actual hours are tracked for guest users, resource loading is not calculated for them. Consequently, guest users do not appear on resource loading reports.
Guest users can only be added to portfolios with the Portfolio participant role. See Portfolios.
To create a guest user, follow the following steps:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From the User menu select Users. You will be taken to the Users screen.
- Click the Guests tab.
- Click the large green '+' button. This will open an Invite User pop-up window. Fill in all the required fields. See User details section for details.
- Click 'Invite'. This will send an invitation letter with a link to login to the user, and create a record of the user on the Users screen. Now you can finalize creating the user.
- Note about the 'Customer' field: If no customer is associated with the user, select 'None'.
If you indicate that a user is a representative of a customer, then Easy Project will automatically filter out and not show that user any other users (data pertaining to) who are representatives of other customers. However, it will show the user all other users who are either representatives of the same customer or who have No customer set in their 'Customer' field. NB: This does not apply to users with the 'Manage system settings' permission in their role.
- Fill in the custom fields, if any. For more details, see User details section and Custom fields.
- Fill in the Personal Schedule section.
All changes you make are saved automatically.
Importing guest users
For importing guest users, refer to Importing users.
The user can be emailed a welcome letter with either automatically generated password (if you have not set it for them manually), or the one you have set for the user. This requires the notification system be enabled. See email notifications for more details.
When importing guest users use the same procedure as explained in the respective topic (see above). The CSV file used for the import should be changed so that the User Role field has 'Guest' for its value for users imported as guest users.
Inviting Users to a Project or an Activity in Activity Center
See Inviting users.