Time logs are used for generating billing reports which can then be printed out and mailed or emailed to your customer. In doing so, you have a number of options. You can pull up either billed or approved time logs, or both.
To generate a billing report:
- Go to Reports > Billing.
- Select a customer (optional) and project.
- Select a date range in the 'Range' field.
- Select an option from the 'Billed' drop-down list (available options: All, Billed, Not Billed).
- Select an option from the 'Approved time entries' drop-down list (available options: All, Approved, Not Approved).
- Specify a tax rate for the 'Tax' check-box after selecting it, if appropriate.
- Select the 'Group by activities', if appropriate.
- Click 'Apply' to run the report.
- Optional: Click the 'Mark entries as Billed' button. As a result, the time logs appearing on the report will be marked as 'billed' in Time Logs.