You must have the 'Access billing information' permission available to your role to be able to handle billing information.
Make sure that the rates, e.g. resource hourly rate, used to calculate the amounts on the report are not equal to zero.
Time logs are used for generating billing reports which can then be printed out and mailed or emailed to your customer. In doing so, you have a number of options. You can pull up either billed or approved time logs, or both.
To generate a billing report:
- Go to Reports > Billing.
- Select a customer (optional) and project.
- Select a date range in the 'Range' field.
- Select an option from the 'Billed' drop-down list (available options: All, Billed, Not Billed).
- Select an option from the 'Approved time entries' drop-down list (available options: All, Approved, Not Approved).
- Specify a tax rate for the 'Tax' check-box after selecting it, if appropriate.
- Select the 'Group by activities', if appropriate.
- Click 'Apply' to run the report.
- Optional: Click the 'Mark entries as Billed' button. As a result, the time logs appearing on the report will be marked as 'billed' in Time Logs.
You can export a billing report to one of available popular formats, including PDF and RTF. See Billing report for details.