Adding time to existing activity
To add a time entry to an existing activity:
- Log in as user with permission(s) to add time entries. Refer to Time Log Use Requirements for details.
- On the header menu, select Time Logs.
- Click on Add Time Log tab, if required.
- Select the date, project, activity, assignee in whose name the entry is being added, number of hours being logged, specify activity progress, and whether the entry is billable, and click 'Record'.
Adding time to yet-to-be-created activity
To add a time entry to a project/activity yet to be created:
If the time entry you would like to add is in fact part of an activity that is yet to be added to the activity list, you have got a shortcut to creating the activity, without leaving the Time Logs screen. Here’s how to proceed:
- Click the 'Add a new project or activity' link.
- In the dialog box that opens, give a name to the activity you wish to add to the activity list.
- Either select an existing project (accessible to you) the activity will be created under, or specify the name of a new project you are planning to create along with the activity. Note: the latter action may be unavailable unless you have the ‘Add Projects ’ permission.
- Click 'Add'.
- Proceed with adding a time entry as described in ‘To add a time entry to an existing activity’ above.
Adding time in Activity Center
You can add time logs in Activity Center.
To make an entry:
- Go to the Activity Center.
- Click the customization button ().
- Under Activity customization option, select the 'Weekly time' checkbox.
- The 'Add time entry' button will appear at the end of the rows of activities where time adding is enabled.
- Click the button. Select the date on which you want to make an entry, and type a number of hours. You can use decimal fractions.
- You can also specify the current rate of completion and personal hours left.
- Select 'Add entries as billable', if required.
- Click 'Record X h', where X is the number of hours you have specified.
As you add time entries for an activity which is not a parent (see Parent activity completion rate below), you can change its completion rate.
Please note, that changing the rate to 100% allows you to close the activity.
Parent activity completion rate
The completion rate of a parent activity is calculable and cannot be changed manually.
Please refer to Parent activity progress calculation for details.
Hours left tracking
In addition to activity progress, Easy Projects uses estimated hours specified for an activity to calculate hours left. This is a very handy feature as it allows you to track progress as you and your team members log hours spent on the activity. The total hours left for an activity are a total of personal hours left of all its assignees.
Personal hours left
When you add a time log, it is automatically deducted from your personal hours left as seen in the respective field. The same happens when you add time for somebody else - the person's personal hours will be adjusted accordingly. The personal hours left value can also be adjusted manually.
You can report the completion of your share of work on a given activity directly in Time logs (Add Time Log tab). To do so, take these steps:
- Select the activity with which you want to report your part of work done.
- Click the I'm done checkbox.
- The personal hours left will be reset to zero automatically.