You can have users stored as a CSV file imported to Easy Projects using a wizard.
- Is Enabled
- Can Login
- Hourly Rate
- Customer Name
Login,Name,Email,Is Enabled,Can Login,Hourly Rate,Customer Name
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing data from a CSV file.
To import users, follow these steps:
- Go to User menu | Company Settings | Users | Regular or Guests.
- Click the additional options button () above the list of users on the right.
- Make sure it has Users in the Import list of field. If not, select it on the drop-down list.
- Under Select CSV file, click on 'Choose file', and locate the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second above)
- Click 'Next'.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of activities being imported with EP ones. Use 'Add field' to get new fields to map.
- Use 'Reset fields' if you make a mistake adding fields.
- When you done with mapping, click 'Import'.
You will get a message ‘Import completed. X records were imported successfully.’ if import has been successful.
Importing guest users
When importing guest users use the same procedure as above. The CSV file used for the import should be changed so that the User Role field has 'Guest' for its value for users imported as guest users.