NB: This feature is not available for guest users.
You can have time logs stored as a CSV file imported to Easy Projects using a wizard.
To be imported to Easy Projects, a CSV file should have values in their respective places and separated by a list separator (default is a comma). An example of CSV file fields:
- Entry Date
A portion of a source CSV file might look like this:
5/19/2010,3,Test TimeEntry 01,true
5/20/2010,4,Test TimeEntry 02,true
5/20/2010,5,Test TimeEntry 03,false
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing data from a CSV file.
To import an activity, follow these steps:
- Go to Tools | Import | Time logs.
- From a drop-down list in the User field, select the user you wish to import the time logs to.
- From a drop-down list in the Project field, select the project you wish to import the time logs to.
- From a drop-down list in the Activity field, select the activity you wish to import the time logs to.
- Once in the Import time logs screen, click on "Choose file", and find the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second above) if required.
- Click 'Next'.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of time logs being imported with EP ones. Use 'Add fields' to get new fields to map.
- Click 'Import'.
You will get a message ‘Import completed. X records were imported successfully.’ if import has been successful.